WE ARE GEARING UP TO RE-OPEN 06/01 in a limited capacity. We have more than 600 patients to reschedule, so it will take us a little while to get the schedule squared away, we are asking you for an unprecedented amount of patience. 🙂
We hope this finds you healthy and well. All of our lives have recently changed and we are settling into our “new normals.” However, one thing that has not changed is our dedication to the health and safety of our valued patients and team. Your visits are going to look a little different than before, hopefully for a temporary period of time, so we wanted to give you some information to explain what to expect.
– If you are currently scheduled for an appointment, expect that the day or time may change and may take longer than normal to accommodate our new schedule.
– You will be asked to fill out a Covid Screening check list once you come into our office.
– Once you arrive at the office, please text us at 847-458-6684 from your car and we will check you in. Please remain in your car until we call or text you when we have your room ready.
– From June 1st onward (until modified) only those patients with scheduled appointments can come into the office. We will be asking other friends/family members to wait in their car, unless other arrangements have been made ahead of time.
– There will be no persons (children or adults) allowed to sit/wait in any treatment room or hallway. This will be permanent moving forward, so please make arrangements accordingly. Any exceptions must be pre-approved before you arrive for your appointment.
– Emergencies are welcomed but please call us- we will see patients with appointments only.
– We will take temperatures of all patients/caregivers upon entering our office using a touchless thermometer. If temp is over 100.4, we will reschedule your appointment.
– Any patients/caregivers are required to wear a mask and also will need to answer pre-screening questions. Your provider will let you know when to take your mask off for your treatment.
– We will have hand sanitizer throughout for patients to utilize.
– Patients will be asked to wash their hands prior to being seated.
– We will be disinfecting high touch areas every half hour.
– Extended appointment time to ensure adequate social distancing of all patients.
– Our team members will undergo daily health screenings and temperature checks 2 times a day. They will be sent home if experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or temp exceeds 100.4
– Team members in contact with patients will be wearing enhanced PPE to meet or exceed current State and Federal requirements and guidelines.
– Our office will be kept at a cooler temperature because of the extra PPE our team will be wearing, please plan accordingly.
– Sneeze guards will be at the check in and check out areas of front desk.
– Taping of the floor to show appropriate social distancing requirements.
– Patients experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness (low-grade fever, body aches, coughing, nasal congestion, runny nose, and sore throat) are encouraged to contact our office to reschedule their appointments. We will NOT be enforcing late cancellation fees for illness at this time.
We appreciate your understanding, support and cooperation in keeping you, your family and our team members healthy. We look forward to seeing your smiling face!
Dr. An and Staff