A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over the tooth to cover the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and improve its appearance.
The crowns, when cemented into place, fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
Why Would You Need A Dental Crown?
A dental crown may be needed in order:
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To make a cosmetic modification
- To cover misshaped or severely discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
Please click on the following link for more information: